This course is the perfect complement to any classroom boating course that you may have taken in the past. During the course you will experience real-world hands-on training while operating a vessel on the water with our licensed captain and certified instructor.
This is the ideal course for New Boat Owners!
This course focuses on hands-on application of boat control skills, such as:
- Safety, prep, and weather briefing
- Engine and electrical systems
- Starting and stopping procedures
- Docking and securing
- Leaving and returning to a slip
- Close-quarters maneuvers (slow and high speed)
- High-speed avoidance turns and Emergency Stop
- Steering a course and range
- Constant Bearing/Collision Avoidance
- Person-in-Water rescue
- It is recommended but not required that the student has taken a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) approved course (US Power Squadron, Coast Guard Auxiliary, State, or online course) before attending.
- We can customize the course to focus on specific skills!
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
On-the-Water, Hands-on training is especially important in boating because it allows the operator to engage in experiential learning. It allows the boat operator to experiment with trial and error concepts while learning what works under the guidance of a knowledgeable instructor.
This course can be provided on your boat or on ours!